[Asterisk-Users] WG: Cisco 7920 WLAN Phone

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Jul 15 08:47:52 MST 2005

I have used the mayday2005 and easter2005-testing versions of the
chan_sccp driver for weeks on end making and receiving flawless calls
(in uLaw only) in an asterisk cvs that I think was from around february
of this year.  A lot of the soft keys weren't implemented, but the main
calling features seemed to be amazing.  With the latest * cvs, now,
those versions don't seem to be quite as stable, but I haven't had the
time to quantify the problems I'm having yet for a list post.  no audio
from 7920->asterisk was the big one, but that of course could be due to
another problem, but I did get this all ironed out at one point.  I
should try an old cvs again to figure it out.

On the newest chan_sccp changes posted to this list by Sergio, my phone
reboots ~20s after I disconnect a call by pressing the 'endcall' hard or
soft key.  (This could be fixed in 0713 by Sergio, "modified the calls
hangup system (more stable)" -- I really want to test this to see if it
helps me.

In my experience, when I see the "Connecting to Callmanager 1" screen, I
had to restart asterisk to make it all better. and I mean that a
"restart now" didn't phase it; a kill -9 would be needed.  I just
realized that this _might_ be because the 7920 is DoSing it with
connection requests and rebooting the phone very well could release *
for a bit...  interesting.

Also in my experience, Asterisk masquerades as Callmanager 1, not 0.  I
always see the following, but it could be my situation uniquely:
Connecting to Callmanager 0 (for like 4s)
Connecting to Callmanager 1 (for like 0.1s)
Registered to Callmanager 1 (0.1s)
Registered to Asterisk      (0.1s)

Last but not least, with all of Sergio's recent patches, most of
onscreen softkeys have a Euro mark instead of the button name.  Not
having my phone with me I can't be sure which ones, but I think Mute and
Hold show text and all the rest show Euros.

Love the zeal you're attacking this with, Sergio!  Thanks for every bit ;)

Mojo