[Asterisk-Users] Manager API/variable parameter

Peter Hsu peter at linkupservice.com
Thu Jul 14 20:02:58 MST 2005

Has anyone had experience using the Manager API with asterisk?

I'm using it to originate calls, and all seems fine and dandy.

However, if I set the "variable" parameter to be too long (longer than 245
characters), I get the following error message:

Jul 14 18:35:41 WARNING[27769]: manager.c:1211 get_input: Dumping long line
with
 no return from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: variable: yyyy

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of the machine accessing the manager API
and yyyy is the variable parameter string truncated to 245 characters.

When this happens, none of my variables are passed in.  Is there a way to
change the size limit on that parameter?

Thanks,
Peter Hsu