[Asterisk-Users] SoftPhones: Bad, or just bad QoS?

Dalberg, Stevin J steve.dalberg at hp.com
Thu Jul 14 18:05:24 MST 2005

Actually, most phones come with an ethernet port for the PC as well, so
1 in and 1 out, as to the Gigabit though, that may be a problem, as I'm
not sure of any phones with a gig phy, maybe Cisco?  Broadcom is making
the chips, but I don't know if they are shipping in anything at this
time...

The main issue with the soft phone is that people expect their phone to
work when their PC doesn't...  Kinda hard to call tech support that
way... Also, I think that unless you are an early adopter, it will
probably seem like more of a pain.