[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic PBX -to- Sirrix BRI: Numbers gettingechoed/duplicated

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Thu Jul 14 05:18:21 MST 2005

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

>One possible cause is that Asterisk receives the digits both as isdn
>indications (out of band) and as dtmf....
Good point ! This sounds like it could be the problem.

>Are you sure you have answered the line?
Yes, as far as I know ? In that context I have the following:
[pabx2ip]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout(3)
exten => s,4,Background,enter-ext-of-person
exten => _X.,1,Dial,IAX2/pmb/${EXTEN}
exten => t,1,Hangup
exten => i,1,Goto(s,1)

Should be OK ?

> Before the line is answered Asterisk can receive overlap digits....
Yea, I thought about this and tried "dialtimeout = yes" in
"/etc/asterisk/sirrix.conf"
ref:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+sirrix.conf

I think the problem is probably, as you pointed out, that Asterisk is
picking up the DTMF stuff as well.
Do you know of a way to disable it ?

Thank you for your help so far - greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards
David Wilson
D c D a t a
Tel +27 33 342 7003
Fax +27 33 345 4155
Cell +27 82 4147413
http://www.dcdata.co.za
support at dcdata.co.za
Powered by Linux, driven by passion !

"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."