[Asterisk-Users] Wire Tapping on Asterisk

Michael Puchol mpuchol at sonar-security.com
Thu Jul 14 04:12:03 MST 2005

Hi,

Yes, there is a way. In extensions.conf, you add a macro as:

[macro-record-on]
exten => s,1,AGI(set-timestamp.agi)
exten => s,2,SetVar(CALLFILENAME=${timestamp}-${ARG2}-${ARG1})
exten => s,3,Monitor(wav,${CALLFILENAME},m)

then, when you want to record the call, you use:

exten => s,1,Macro(record-on,NAME_OF_CHANNEL,${CALLERIDNUM})

this will record to a file named for example
20050704-173558-93xxxxxxx-IN.wav (number obfuscated)

The set-timestamp.agi is nothing else than

#!/bin/sh
longtime=`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S`
echo SET VARIABLE timestamp $longtime

MAKE SURE OF THE LEGALITY OF DOING THIS IN THE PLACE YOU WILL BE DEPLOYING.

Best regards,

Mike