[Asterisk-Users] Wire Tapping on Asterisk

Christoph cei at inmedias.it
Thu Jul 14 03:26:26 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 17:00 +0800, Ian Bert Tusil wrote:
> I'm new to asterisk. I would like to ask if there's a feature in
> asterisk wherein you can monitor ongoing calls, some kinda like
> tapping into active phone calls? It must have this feature but I do
> not know where to get some reference to set this up or test this.
>
> Can anyone share me some sites as reference?

As far as I know there is no feature in Asterisk, but I might be wrong.
However, you can use ethereal to "tap" SIP connections. You simply sniff
the SIP connection and after it's done you can decode it and ethereal
will output a .au file which contains both sides of the conversation.
Also I heared that the Windows tool "Cain & Able" is able to play back
SIP converstaions in real time, but I haven't tested that myself.