[Asterisk-Users] Multiple NICs on Asterisk box

Hilton Williams hilton at datatex.co.za
Thu Jul 14 04:01:43 MST 2005

>>alias eth0 b44
>>alias eth1 e100
>>
>I seem to think that what is required is a way (at boot time) to make
>certain that the pci slots get probed before the on M/B nic gets probed,
>that way ensuring that the pci nic is set up before the on board nic.
>Can this be done?

Hi

The aliases in modules.conf should have worked for you, but if you want, you
can always do something like:

/usr/sbin/rcroute stop
/usr/sbin/rcnetwork stop
/sbin/rmmod 3c59x
/sbin/rmmod eepro100
/sbin/modprobe 3c59x
/sbin/modprobe eepro100
/usr/sbin/rcnetwork start
/usr/sbin/rcroute start

In this case, it forces a 3COM network card to be detected before an onboard
Intel EEPRO.
You need to do this before you do run any network programs.  I'm just not
sure that will make much difference, I think the aliases route is the way to
go.

Regards
Hilton

Datatex Dynamics CC
Web site http://www.datatex.co.za/
Email to hilton at datatex.co.za
Tel +27215924033
Fax +27215924077

The use of the Datatex e-mail facility is not permitted
for the distribution of chain letters or offensive email
of any nature whatsoever. Datatex hereby distances itself
from and accepts no liability in respect of the
unauthorised use of its e-mail facility or the sending of
e-mail communications for other than strictly business
purposes. Datatex furthermore disclaims liability for any
unauthorised instruction for which permission was not
granted. Any recipient of an unacceptable communication,
a chain letter or offensive material of any nature is
requested to report it to abuse at datatex.co.za.