[Asterisk-Users] Multiple NICs on Asterisk box

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu Jul 14 02:55:26 MST 2005

Dave Cotton wrote:

>I seem to remember having this type of thing before, only I had two
>identical NICs, because they were good ones :)
>
>Have you tried creating an alias in modprobe.conf (2.6) or modules.conf
>(2.4)
>
>alias eth0 b44
>alias eth1 e100
>
>in my case

Hi,
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. An alias is just a second
name for something. If the HW device changes under the original name
(eth0), then surely the alias pointing to that original name now too
points to the different HW device?

Apologies if I have mis-understood you.

I seem to think that what is required is a way (at boot time) to make
certain that the pci slots get probed before the on M/B nic gets probed,
that way ensuring that the pci nic is set up before the on board nic.
Can this be done?

regards,
Zoltan

--