[Asterisk-Users] Any suggestions for an IP phone?

dbruce dbruce at bananatel.ca
Wed Jul 13 18:00:10 MST 2005

True... you can telnet into the Cisco phones and get huge quantities of
diagnostic information... but once you have that information there is very
little you can do on the phone to alter its behaviour to solve the problem.

Also, if you configure the debug/logging settings on the Polycom, it will
upload it's debug information to your TFTP/FTP server... and it provides a
very comprehensive debugging facility.

Besides, when you are trying to debug a "problem" (or undocumented feature)
with Asterisk, the debug/logging facilities in Asterisk usually provide all
the information needed... phone logs are usually not needed..

Regards,

Derek