[Asterisk-Users] Polycoms and paging

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Wed Jul 13 09:55:12 MST 2005

On 13-Jul-05, at 6:43 AM, Michael George wrote:

> I'm looking at deploying some Polycom 501's here, but one thing
> that still
> needs confirmation before I can move forward is global paging.

I just wrote an AGI for polycom paging the other day, which I'm happy
to share.

The AGI will ring a list of extension (and set the ALERT_INFO var).
Any extensions that answer within 5 seconds (ie: polycom auto answer)
will be dropped into a listen-only meetme room.  All extensions will
be hung up on when the caller/pager hangs up.

You can get the AGI from here:

http://www.coalescentsystems.ca/karma/pager.agi

Asterisk-perl is required.  Change the * manager access credentials:

$astman->user('admin');
$astman->secret('amp111');

In your extension.conf, include the following, and modify the
"extenlist" variable appropriately:

  *** Sample pager extension***
  exten = 9876,1,SetVar(extenlist=SIP/204&SIP/205)
  exten = 9876,2,AGI(pager.agi)
  exten = 9876,3,Goto(joinmeetme,pager${EXTEN},1)
  ******

  [joinmeetme]
  exten = _pagerX.,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN:5}|Axdq)
  exten = _pageX.,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=Ring Answer)
  exten = _pageX.,2,Answer()
  exten = _pageX.,3,Wait(2)
  exten = _pageX.,4,MeetMe(${EXTEN:4}|mxq)

I hope you find it useful.

--
Ryan Courtnage
Director & CTO