[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 360 and parking

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 02:09:58 MST 2005

On 7/12/05, Patrick Friedel <pfriedel at copweb.com> wrote:
> OK, last showstopper that I just can't puzzle my way through - parking
> calls with the snom phones.  I get the two phones connected, I hit
> transfer on one, the other phone goes to MOH and the first phone gives
> me DT, so I dial 700 and hit the OK button.  Call transferred, the SNOM
> hangs up before I have a chance to hear which extension it parked to.
> Is there a way to make the SNOM phones stay off hook until you
> explicitly hang up during a transfer?  (my only complaint about these
> phones - occasionally they're just too darn smart for their own good.)

The 'Transfer' button on snom phones is for blind transfer. What you
describe above is the blind transfer of the caller to extension 700.

> I can live without actual snom-style orbits at this time (handy though
> they might be), since the current system involves parking the call on an
> external line and walking over to another office to say that they have a
> call.  I imagine that down the road it'll usually just be an attended
> transfer, but we do park calls around phones a fair bit as we brainstorm
> issues.

I assume from the lack of any other detail that "700" is how you park
your calls?

> (Actually, I can't get attended transfers working, either.  All
> transfers are blind.  Related?)

For attended transfer on the snom, use the 'hold' button instead of
the 'transfer' button. IIRC the default behaviour is to transfer on
hangup as you describe. We do not use call parking at-all here - it
only confused the "normal" users.

Regards,
Steve