[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 360 and parking

Nils Ohlmeier Nils.Ohlmeier at snom.de
Wed Jul 13 01:53:05 MST 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 23:29, Patrick Friedel wrote:
> OK, last showstopper that I just can't puzzle my way through - parking
> calls with the snom phones.  I get the two phones connected, I hit
> transfer on one, the other phone goes to MOH and the first phone gives
> me DT, so I dial 700 and hit the OK button.  Call transferred, the SNOM
> hangs up before I have a chance to hear which extension it parked to.
> Is there a way to make the SNOM phones stay off hook until you
> explicitly hang up during a transfer?  (my only complaint about these
> phones - occasionally they're just too darn smart for their own good.)
>
> I can live without actual snom-style orbits at this time (handy though
> they might be), since the current system involves parking the call on an
> external line and walking over to another office to say that they have a
> call.  I imagine that down the road it'll usually just be an attended
> transfer, but we do park calls around phones a fair bit as we brainstorm
> issues.
>
> (Actually, I can't get attended transfers working, either.  All
> transfers are blind.  Related?)

Press hold (R on the old phones) or the line key (the buttons on the right) of
the line which you are currently using. The first call is on hold. Now call
the transfer target. Talk to him. Now press the transfer button or Xfer soft
button (below the screen). Depending on the configuration of your phone the
two call will be joined immediately ('Call join on Xfer' on the advanced), or
you have to select the target for transfer manually and press OK one more
time (<- good protection against joining your girlfriend with your wife ;) ).
This is how attended transfer works the "snom way".

Regards
  Nils
--
snom technology AG            Gradestr. 46    D-12347 Berlin
Nils Ohlmeier