[Asterisk-Users] Snom phones - any advice

jjones at quiddesign.com jjones at quiddesign.com
Tue Jul 12 06:49:09 MST 2005

We initially tried going with Snom but had a high failure rate. Since
then we have been Polycom and they seem to work great.

We did just have a customer demand a phone with a sidecar and bought
a Snom 220 with 2 of them. The additional sidecars require a seperate
power supply which did not come with. Also they claim damage if not
powered up properly. After installed for a week it too had issues.
Seems the handset went bad which also made the speakerphone stop
working.

I would strongly look at Polycom or Cisco if this is a business class
rollout. We did also test these but they were too expensive.

Good Luck