[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone with Standard Power Ethernet

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Tue Jul 12 00:39:09 MST 2005

exactly, only high-end cisco 7970/71 are 802.3af compliant,
other models (7905-7960) using proprietary PoE detection and you will be
out of luck if you use non-ci$co poe equipment,
as I know, powerdsine midspans (because have cisco detection support)
can power cisco 7912 directly (without pasive polarity dongle),
7940/60 can be powered only using this dongle and with powerdsine...
you are totaly out of luck with cisco phones and e.g. Planet poe
midspans (using standard 802.3af detection)
I tried this some months ago, so this is from practice.
PJ