[Asterisk-Users] Problems with a new box of asterisk@home 1.3

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Jul 10 20:53:23 MST 2005

Hi

Welcome to Asterisk

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 09:45:19PM -0500, Fabrizzio Valencia wrote:
> Hello, I've recently installed Asterisk at home, i'm following step by
> step the "new user guide" but I cannot get my X-Lite SIP phone see
> my asterisk at home proxy...
>
> I've installed in a viertual machine (vmware) and there's some problems
> with the Zaptel service and I think that this is why I cannot connect.

Here's another guide to follow:

Specifically:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

Please describe what actually happens, and not what doesn't.

Configuration files snippets may help (mind the passwords!) . Domps from
the asterisk CLI may help as well:

script logfile
asterisk -vvvr
 [observe, run, whatever]
 [press ctrl-c]
 [press ctrl-d]

A dump of that session is now in 'logfile'.