[Asterisk-Users] Problems with a new box of asterisk@home 1.3

asterisk at michiganbroadband.com asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Jul 10 20:39:33 MST 2005

Xten can be quite a bastage to set up if yer not used to it!
A lot of little gotchyas in it such as the line that says 'enabled Y/N'
Defaults to N\
There a few other things in there that are tricky to say the least.

Sometimes it takes me 2 times to get it to work and I've been setting em
up for quite a while.

I'm not familiar with asterisk at home (yet) so have not seen the step-by-step

If you are only using Xten (sip) to talk to asterisk or another sip phone
I don't think you need zaptel.
You will need zaptel if you expect to use the meetme conference app.
I think you are more than likely just stuck on the xten client config itself.

Give it another shot and watch the sip activity at the prompt to see
what's going on when you start the Xten client.

Try sip debug at the prompt.

Steve