[Asterisk-Users] phantom incomming calls from asterisk

John Millican john at millican.us
Sun Jul 10 09:46:12 MST 2005

> > > Try this in zapata.conf for fun:
> > > busydetect=yes
> > > busycount=6
> > >
> > > Let us know if it makes a difference.
> >
> > I have added this to zapata.conf.  Will let you know what happens.  can
> > you tell me why this might help or point me to a wiki/google?
>
> Going from memory only (which might be less then accurate), the busycount
> parameter essentially extends zap detect time. The comments in zapata.conf
> refer to detecting busy tone, but something from past memory says the
> parameter affects more then just busy tone detection.
>
> The default value is 4 but I've been using 6 or at least a year with
> an x100p followed by a TDM04b, and I don't have the false ring issues.
>
> Sure wish I would have kept a diary of config changes over the last
> two years rather then rely on memory. It would have been helpful
> more than once. :(

Well I added these settings to zapata.conf and am still getting the phantom
rings, 2 so far this morning!  have been watching ztmonitor and am seeing
that that rx audio level is showing a constant ###* with an rx gain setting
of -7.5 in zapata.conf.  If i set gain much less it gets hard to hear voice
from callers.  With gain at 0.0 i get ########* with some peaks above this.
Is this normal?
John M