[Asterisk-Users] phantom incomming calls from asterisk

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 10 10:00:45 MST 2005

> > > David and List,
> > > I am having the same problem.
> > > I have an * box at my house with 1 zap (pstn on a X100p clone from digit
> > > networks) channel and one sip(linksys ATA).  I am getting ring on the ATA
> > > but there is no call comming in from the pstn.  The following is the CLI
> > > output when this happens.  I know that there is no call on the pstn
> > > because i have an "emergency phone"(frequent power outages) still
> > > connected to the PSTN parallel to the * box and it never rings. All the
> > > SIP stuff is on an internal lan only.  I only call out on PSTN since all
> > > I have available here in nowheare land is dial up :-(  All work
> > > flawlessly except for this one problem.
> > >
> > > - Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
> > > Jul  8 13:49:23 NOTICE[6150]: chan_zap.c:5405 ss_thread: Got event 2
> > > (Ring/Answered)...
> > >     -- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1", "sip/677|35") in new stack
> > >     -- Called 677
> > >     -- SIP/677-55a8 is ringing
> > >   == Spawn extension (default, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
> > >     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
> > > Is there anything for Zap like sip debug? My first guess is that I am
> > > getting some sort of blip in ring voltage on the PSTN but have no way to
> > > prove this. As a posible logic check I unplugged from PSTN, which put zap
> > > into Red alarm of course, and then i get no phantom calls.  Is there
> > > something in the zap driver that shuts down when in red alarm?
> > > Any Ideas?
> >
> > Try this in zapata.conf for fun:
> > busydetect=yes
> > busycount=6
> >
> > Let us know if it makes a difference.
> I have added this to zapata.conf.  Will let you know what happens.  can you
> tell me why this might help or point me to a wiki/google?

Going from memory only (which might be less then accurate), the busycount
parameter essentially extends zap detect time. The comments in zapata.conf
refer to detecting busy tone, but something from past memory says the
parameter affects more then just busy tone detection.

The default value is 4 but I've been using 6 or at least a year with
an x100p followed by a TDM04b, and I don't have the false ring issues.

Sure wish I would have kept a diary of config changes over the last
two years rather then rely on memory. It would have been helpful
more than once. :(