[Asterisk-Users] TDM04B Outbound calls

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 10 10:42:09 MST 2005

> I just install a Digium TDM04B card. I created 4 separate Zap channels and one outbound
routing containing zap channels
> from 1 to 4. If a phone line is plug in Zap/1 then works fine, but if I unplug phone line from
Zap/1 (simulating fail) the system
> keep dialing out on Zap/1, even with no dial tone; Only if Zap/1 is busy it will use Zap/2.
> There is any work around or different setting to avoid this situation?

I don't believe asterisk has any code to detect whether a pstn
line is plugged in or not. The chipset on the TDM-fxo modules do
support that function, but the drivers don't do anything with it
right now.

Mark added code for that about a year ago, but commented it out within
a day or two as it caused problems for some folks. Don't know if that
code remains in the drivers as yet or not.