[Asterisk-Users] IAXphone -> ip address -> extension number.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 10 09:48:13 MST 2005

> >If you don't mind, can you explain me a little more the ztcfg problem. My
> >experience with that is null, but I need to setup a box for testing purposes
> >only, and I don't want to but a TDM card only for make it work.
> >
> >I know people that has asterisk running on SIP that don't use zaptel &
> >Zapata just they do sip also to their provider (which is not my my case) but
> >I never did that.
> >
> >So I plan to install it with Ztdummy on top of FC2.

FWIW, I've been running asterisk on a RHv9 laptop (for client demo
purposes), connecting it via iax to our office system, and never
worried about ztdummy, etc. Obviously, the laptop has no zap cards.
This demo never includes meetme, etc.

I also have a backup system (to our office system) running RHv9, and
it connects and functions just fine to the primary office system
via iax. Sip phones work fine on this backup system as well.

That backup system was just recently replaced with an FC3 system, and
I have no doubt whatsoever it will function just fine without zap
cards although that system has not yet been configured or tested.

So, don't be too concerned with making ztdummy (etc) function unless
you truly want to support those asterisk apps that need it (eg, meetme
and whatever else the wiki points out).