[Asterisk-Users] IAXphone -> ip address -> extension number.

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sun Jul 10 08:21:34 MST 2005

Hi Carlos,

OK - I speak from memory and a little bit of newbie fiddling (which
thanks to you and Rich took a successful turn).

Carlos Alperin wrote:

>Zoltan,
>
>If you don't mind, can you explain me a little more the ztcfg problem. My
>experience with that is null, but I need to setup a box for testing purposes
>only, and I don't want to but a TDM card only for make it work.

I was under the impression that timing signals can be gotten from digium
cards, uhci_usb (using ztdummy) and the rtc (using zaptelrtc).
If you follow the thread from
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-September/063355.html
then it suggests that from 2.6 kernel, ztdummy no longer requires USB .
zaptelrtc does however require that rtc is *not* built into your kernel
so you would have to recompile it without rtc if it is.
For me the only ztdummy issue was with udev (see README.udev in the
zaptel-1.0.9 folder) and all you would have to do was to check if FC2
has udev or not.
Dont forget to modprobe zaptel before modprobe ztdummy before loading
asterisk.

HTH,
Zoltan