[Asterisk-Users] Cepstral

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 04:50:13 MST 2005

> what I can't find is how to buy or get Swift?  If I understand
> correctly, swift is the actual program that makes the speech?

IIRC, you can download everything you need to make the thing talk,
including a voice like "David". It works exactly like it will when you
buy a license except there is some kind of crippling until you install
the license key. I don't remember if this is a statement made by the
voice each time or a time out.

FWIW? I bought that voice and I find it amusing, but not ready for
prime time. I had it read articles from a publication and it was
ludicrous.  I can understand the people talking about ATT, I think I
heard a demo that was very convincing.

So much depends on what you are trying to do. I just wanted to have a
way to allow asterisk to talk in a demo, to show the concept.
Unfortunately, showing a talking server with Cepestral's David is
little like showing a prototype website: people don't always have the
imagination (like we all do here :)  to see what this would be like
when actually done (or using a better voice in this case).