[Asterisk-Users] Definitive CallerID Format and anonymous?

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Fri Jul 8 22:25:26 MST 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 12:43 AM, Jay Milk wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm currently only setting CID as a ten-digit number.  Has anyone on
> this list tested caller-id delivery with various services?  Is there
> *one* usable format (i.e. 1+10, or "+1"+10), or does it vary from
> provider to provider?

Jay, FWIW the US standard for CLI is ten digits. I don't know if this
has anything to do with your root question, but I thought I'd chime in
here. I notice that one of my providers sends 1 plus ten for US calls,
which is nonstandard and thus breaks CNAM lookups on the recipient's
end via their PSTN provider. When one of my providers was sending the
plus sign and eleven digits, it would break completely when that call
was destined for an AT&T cellphone.

Hope that helps.

-Rob.