[Asterisk-Users] IAXphone -> ip address -> extension number.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jul 8 12:06:40 MST 2005

> > The iax2 show peers is indicating the phone is not registering
> >properly. (If the phone "never" changes IP addresses ever, then he
> >"could" put a host= statement in the iax.conf, but that is very
> >non-standard and will only serve to confuse people.)
> >

> In my reply to "time bandits" suggestion, that is exactly what I did and
> "iax2 show peers" now shows the IP address.
>
> *but* I still cannot dial anywhere.
>
> What you have insinuated in your comment is that Asterisk and the phone
> should have automatically sorted themselves out and because this is not
> happening, my problem is elsewhere - proven by the fact that I have
> hardcoded host=192.168.0.201 in the iax.conf file (whereas before I used
> to have host=dynamic) and it still does not work.
>
> Possibilities:
> 1) The iax timing error when I load asterisk (see reply to time bandit)
>
> 2) The phone itself. They are 2 new Advantage Century Telecomms Corp
> AC-104ALDU units which I bought because they were both SIP and IAX
> compatible. No documentation came with them and on the web page I could
> only find SLD specs, not model ALDU specs. Hmmmmm - I wonder how good
> that IAX claim is.....
>
> http://www.act-tel.com.tw/_UpLoad/Pic/P104S-Spec.pdf
>

> Any suggestions how I should proceed?

Well, if I were working with those I'd fire up Ethereal and look to
see "exactly" what the phone was doing. If they really are iax capable,
you should see at least some iax packets coming from them. Then, the
real answers to why the phone doesn't work can be resolved from the
packet trace.

If you're not comfortable reading ethereal traces, email a copy of
the trace or put it somewhere that we can drag it down.

If the trace indicates nothing, then either the phone is configured
incorrectly, or, its just not going to work with iax.

Rich