[Asterisk-Users] Serial port DTMF Caller-ID reciever /w scripts for X100P/X101P/Clones....

Carl Andersson zaphodb at beeblebroxindustries.com
Fri Jul 8 07:12:18 MST 2005

Since the X100P/X101P/Clone cards does not work in all countries that
use DTMF based
Caller-ID systems, I've developed a hardware that you connect to a
serial port and the PSTN.

You then run a perl script "cid_logger.pl" as a daemon, and modify
extensions.conf to call
an agi script whenever a call comes in, and if it's on the X100 card it
will get the caller id
information collected by my cid daemon and return to asterisk in the
CALLERID variable.

get_cid.pl should be but in asterisk agi-bin directory, and the
following modifications should
be implemented in extensions.conf:

[from-pstn-reghours]
exten => s,1,GotoIf($[${FAX_RX} =
disabled]?from-pstn-reghours-nofax,s,1:2)
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,agi,getcid.pl
;exten => s,3,Wait(1)

[from-pstn-afthours]
exten => s,1,GotoIf($[${FAX_RX} =
disabled]?from-pstn-afthours-nofax,s,1:2)
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,agi,getcid.pl
;exten=> s,3,Wait(1)

All plans and scripts are available under GPL license here:

http://www.area51.org.il/~zaphodb/asterisk/astcid/astcid.zip

A picture of the finished project:

http://www.area51.org.il/~zaphodb/asterisk/astcid/DSCN0906.JPG

The circuit board layout was made with an old version of Tango PCB, but I've included Postscript versions of both the silkscreen and the back of the board.

--
Greetings, Carl Andersson a.k.a Zaphod Beeblebrox
   -=*=- FwD VOIP: 645040 - IaxTel VOIP: 17006906266 -=*=-