[Asterisk-Users] Routing DID calls to external lines

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jul 8 06:02:32 MST 2005

> I am trying to route incoming DID call (on a analog channel) through
> Asterisk to an outside (analog) line. My extensions.conf is something like
> the following:
>
> exten => 500,1,Dial,Zap/g1/3105551010
>
> In this case the incoming DID call extension is 500. I am able to dial out
> and connect with the incoming call, however, the voice conversation is only
> one way. The called party is not able to hear the calling party.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions of how to better route the incoming DID
> calls to external POTS lines. Basically what I am trying to do is to forward
> DID calls to specific external PSTN phone numbers. A one to one forwarding
> scheme.

It's almost impossible to provide any answers as you haven't provided
enough config data for anyone to technically understand what you are
currently doing or suggest alternative choices.

Include something that would show us where the DID's are coming from
(itsp, telco) and the associated *.conf entries, the actual extensions.conf
context entries used for those incoming DID calls, *.conf entries for
the external pots lines, etc.

You might also give us a clue what country the * box is located. Some
countries supply disconnect supervision on pots lines while others don't.
(There is at least some possibility what you're trying to accomplish
won't work correctly regardless of how you configure * due to the lack
of disconnect supervision on pots lines, etc.)