[Asterisk-Users] Routing DID calls to external lines

Syed Akbar syed.akbar at alicosystems.com
Thu Jul 7 21:00:58 MST 2005

I am trying to route incoming DID call (on a analog channel) through
Asterisk to an outside (analog) line. My extensions.conf is something like
the following:

exten => 500,1,Dial,Zap/g1/3105551010

In this case the incoming DID call extension is 500. I am able to dial out
and connect with the incoming call, however, the voice conversation is only
one way. The called party is not able to hear the calling party.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to better route the incoming DID
calls to external POTS lines. Basically what I am trying to do is to forward
DID calls to specific external PSTN phone numbers. A one to one forwarding
scheme.

Syed Akbar

Alico Systems Inc
www.alicosystems.com