[Asterisk-Users] Pickup pin

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Jul 7 15:48:36 MST 2005

Moises Silva wrote:

>i would do that with Agi application. To give you a clue, this is the
>flow of events:
>
>- some one calls 777666 ( the local extension )
>- the first priority in 777666 calls Agi application
>- the agi application will connect to asterisk manager and will
>Originate a call to the remote extension, so when the remote extension
>answers will be asked to dial the conference NIP to join a specific or
>random conference. Next, agi will Originate other call to the true
>local extensión, but this one will not be asked to dial NIP to enter
>the conference.
>- agi ends, and here is where im not sure what to do, the easy thing
>is just send the caller to the same conference without a NIP, and the
>caller should wait to the local or remote extension to Join the
>conference. But it can be a little bit boring to wait without knowing
>what is going on. But that is a way i can bet it works.
>- The alternative is to try to catch  some manager event that can tell
>us when the local or remote extension has entered the conference, and
>only then send the caller to the conference. otherwise just put him on
>music on hold or something.
>
>Hope it gives you an idea.

Nice idea, I got in the meantime another one, which would also serve the
purpose:
Put the remote phone into a queue and let the remote phone register this
agent when I arrive there, and unregister when I leave.
Agent can be setup with a pin.

What do you think about this approach?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger