[Asterisk-Users] Can I connect to an existing network?

jglucky at blueware.net jglucky at blueware.net
Thu Jul 7 05:53:07 MST 2005

I am new to asterisk and have a few architecture questions.

I currently have a 3MB bonded T1 running our network and was wondering if
Asterisk be connected to the existing network and bonded T1  (which also
includes normal day to day network traffic), or do I have to dedicate a new
T1 to asterisk?

Also, do I need to use PRI lines, or can all voice calls be sent over the
T1 line?

Are there any issues I should be aware of when implementing an Asterisk
server and also what hardware would you recommend for my situation?

Thank you for your help,

Jyran Glucky
Advisory Programmer
BlueWare, Inc.
Strategic HealthWare Solutions
3060 W. 13th Street
Cadillac, MI 49601
Phone:  (231) 779-0224 ext. 111
Fax: 231-779-1002
mailto:jglucky at blueware.net
http://www.blueware.net

DID YOU KNOW?
BlueWare is the Grand Prize Winner of the 2005 IBM Beacon Award BEST DB2
(Document Management) Application Worldwide.

BlueWare Market Share for Hospital Document Management Systems is in 25
states in the US.