[Asterisk-Users] How does Vonage support fax machines?

Deon mr_e_glitch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 09:06:55 MST 2005

So they're doing it just like anybody else would, nothing special and
nothing rock-solid.

A person with a not-so-good high speed internet connection, who is able to
push norma voice calls perfectly, would have just as much problems sending
faxes via Vonage as a PAP2-NA connected to Asterisk and some Voice T1's.
Vice versa, a person with a great internet connection should be able to
push faxes just as reliably through our setup vs Vonage.

We have a lot of our own remote agents in the field, and we've been giving
them adapters so they can handle sales/service/support calls from home.
Some of them require a fax machine for invoices or whatnot and we've been
telling them to use their regular home line, and if it's long distance
they have to go through a procedure to get reimbursement, we're trying to
simplify their (and our) lives by using these converters.