[Asterisk-Users] TDM04B problems

Andrew Sayman andrew at chasinggremlins.com
Tue Jul 5 08:55:19 MST 2005

I have a TDM04B installed that isn't working 100% with Asterisk. I'm
using the cvs-head of the zaptel drivers and asterisk with FC3 on a 2.6
kernel.

I have successfully created a call on one of the channels, but there are
a few problems. Even on channels with no analog line connected to them,
after a few seconds (without reporting ringing) Asterisk will report
that the call has been answered. On channels that have an analog line
connected to them, I just hear some static that is light and pretty
consistent. For some reason, the last channel seems to always give very
loud and harsh static.

My configuration appears to be correct based on other posts that I've
read. I've read some documentation that says that the zaptel card should
not share IRQs, especially not with an ethernet card. Well, my card
shares an IRQ with the ethernet card. Turning off USB, parallel port,
ACPI, APIC, etc. does free up a great deal of IRQs, but Linux
2.6.11-1.27_FC3 still allocates them to the same IRQ.

Is this likely to be the problem? Are there known issues with this
configuration? Does anybody have any advice on how to configure the
kernel not to share those IRQs?