[Asterisk-Users] Sometimes yes - sometimes no (dialplan)

Ronald_Wiplinger ronald_wiplinger at leadtek.com.tw
Mon Jul 4 23:44:57 MST 2005

Robert Goodyear wrote:

> Well if you say it's registered, then packets are getting to asterisk
> and asterisk is accepting them, and you've allowed that SIP client.
> So... if you say there's absolutely NOTHING happening when the phone
> dials, then it sure seems like the phone is bad -- again, assuming no
> event whatsoever is happening when you dial.
>
> What else have you done to debug this? Have you registered the phone
> directly against another * box? Have you registered another phone
> against this * box?

*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask
Port     Status
6002/6002                  10.10.10.126     D   N      255.255.255.255
1720     OK (58 ms)
6001/6001                  10.10.10.125     D   N      255.255.255.255
5061     OK (5 ms)
2 sip peers [2 online , 0 offline]

if I dial from one phone to the other, sometimes it goes throu,
sometimes the phone just keep silent and NOTHING is shown in the *CLI>
prompt

Since it is from both phones, which work on another asterisk box, I can
be sure, that the phones are working.

The network is just two phones, one hub and to the asterisk box.
home*CLI> show version
Asterisk CVS-HEAD built by root at home on a i686 running Linux on
2005-06-28 04:53:43

bye

Ronald