[Asterisk-Users] Weird ring back

Kristof Hardy kristof.hardy at catsanddogs.com
Mon Jul 4 11:14:31 MST 2005

David Wilson wrote:
> I have a weird thing happening sometimes with users calling from a
> GrandStream phone through Asterisk onto a PSTN.
> Sometimes after a user hangs up a call on a GrandStream phone the phone
> starts ringing after a couple seconds.
> When the call is answered there is no one there.

What phone are you using? A GXP-2000 or other model? I received notice
of someone experiencing a sporadic 'ring' on his phone, but I'm not sure
it was after haning up a call..

Do you use CDR logging (to mysql?), if yes, do you find anything in
there about this call?

Maybe try searching through the asterisk logfile for records of this call?

Cheers,

Kristof.