[Asterisk-Users] Extensions will not go to voicemail

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jul 4 07:29:37 MST 2005

> I have a remote installation that connects via IAX from my office pbx.
> When I call an extension on the remote pbx, after the dial period, the
> call is terminated. Nothing I do in configuration of that extension
> seems to matter:
>
>     -- Executing NoOp("IAX2/netconcepts at nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:4569-5", ""Dial
> 710"") in new stack
>     -- Executing Dial("IAX2/netconcepts at nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:4569-5",
> "SIP/710|30|tr") in new stack
>     -- Called 710
>     -- SIP/710-4841 is ringing
>   == Spawn extension (office, 710, 2) exited non-zero on
> 'IAX2/netconcepts at nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:4569-5'
>     -- Hungup 'IAX2/netconcepts at nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:4569-5'
>
> and the dialplan for that context is
>
> [office]
>
> exten => 710,1,NoOp("Dial 710")
> exten => 710,2,Dial(SIP/710,30,tr)
> exten => 710,3,Voicemail(u710)
> exten => 710,103,Voicemail(b710)
>
> Any ideas why I am not getting to the voicemail for that extension?

What does the CLI look like on the pbx that has exten=>710 defined?

If you do a 'sip show peers' on that remote pbx, is 710 in the list?

Is x710 on the same lan segment as the remote pbx? (If not, are there
any nat boxes or firewalls involved?)

Does a local call from some extension on that remote pbx to x710
on the same pbx work correctly with voicemail?