[Asterisk-Users] TDM01B card configuration

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jul 4 07:11:56 MST 2005

> I am trying the setup the TDM01B card. 1 FXO. I
> connected it to a regular home line. in the
> /etc/zaptel.conf, I have
> fxsls=4
> In the /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
> I have:
> signaling=fxs_ls
> language=en
> group=1
> context=default
> channel => 4
>
> When I start asterisk, I get this error:
> ERROR[10376]: chan_zap.c:6584 mkintf; Signaling
> requested on channel 4 is FXO Loopstart but line is in
> FXS Loopstart Signaling
>
> chan_zap.c:9927 setup_zap: Unable to register channel
> '4'
>
> Maybe I have something misconfigured. However, I
> triead all combinations and it doesn't seem to work.
>
> If I take away those lines. Asterisk comes up and in
> zaptel show command, I see the TDM400P card.
> Please help.
> Thanks

What do you see listed in 'dmesg'?

It should look something like:
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
(The above example is from a TDM with four fxo modules installed.)

What do you see listed in 'ztcfg -vv'?

It should look something like:
Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
(Again, the above is from a TDM with four fxo modules, each configured
for Kewlstart, not loopstart.)

If you're not seeing entries similar to the above, I'd have to guess
that changes made to /etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
are probably out of sync. (Meaning changes have been made to one or
the other without restarting asterisk AND zaptel.)