[Asterisk-Users] No Sound (2nd post)

RockWater ! rockwater321 at msn.com
Mon Jul 4 01:39:05 MST 2005

Hello anyone who can help

I have two Asterisk boxes with identical hardware (Dev & Production). I
recently rebuilt the DEV box using Fedora Core 3 and the latest CVS Head.
The hardware is an Intel CA810e, onboard everything with a PIII processor.

The config is pure VOIP using IAX2 & ilBC with Virbiage Firefly soft
clients. I also use Ztdummy which seems to be working ok - no error
messages.

My problem Is that none of the sounds work, there is no sound for any of the
following features

1. Voicemail prompts
2. the menu macro in Dial
3. Music on hold
4. conversation

Here's everything I have tried so far.

1. update fedora (I have compiled asterisk off the disk release and also
after Redhat updates)
2. update Asterisk ( I have recompiled several times over the past month
with different HEAD versions)
3. recompile mpg-123 using both 'r' and 'q' versions

I am getting a console message from time to time which say "Application
asterisk uses obsolete OSS audio interface" But Dial, Voicemail and Music on
hold report no errors.

The production system works fine on the older CVS head from Jan 26 2005.
With an out of date Fedora install off the CDs.

Thanks

Craig