[Asterisk-Users] 12 seat call centre with Asterisk, VoIP only, UK - possible?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jul 3 15:31:50 MST 2005

Mike Dent wrote:
> I guess one big question is which type of circuit to use, ADSL in the
> UK is only 256kbs upstream,
> some providers do bonding but I'm not sure its supported fully by BT :(
> The other option is SDSL which is not too cheap!

SDSL is dirt cheap.  1MB SDSL is only £275/month.. you're probably
looking at 4 times that for a 1MB leased line.

A £15/month ADSL line is just not going to cut it for a business.  256k
is a going to support about 3 lines of ulaw maximum, and there is *no*
SLA on DSL - if it goes down for a week you're hosed, and so probably is
your business.

Talk to BT about getting an ISDN30 line put in... you'll get some sort
of guaranteed quality and it'll be much better than a pure SIP solution.

Tony