[Asterisk-Users] Re: passing through MWI info from SBC

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 15:06:01 MST 2005

> Jon, etc..., the issue here is her family all uses
> special features of SBC voicemail.  E.g. Her mom
> leaves a VM for my wife at 10:30 PM after the baby is
> asleep without fear of ringing the phones and possibly
> waking up the baby.  They use it like email.  They
The only way I see is make an option in your IVR menu to let a
voicemail without ringing the phone first. Like
- press 1 to talk to Wife
- press 2 to leave a voicemail to Wife
- press 3 to talk to Mike
- press 4 to leave a voicemail to Mike
etc

That way, you can leave a voicemail without ringing the phone.

I know, it breaks the functionnality of sending voicemail to multiple
persons in 1 shot, but I think you can't have everything :)

Other solution is to start coding the MWI detection in the zapata driver.

hth