[Asterisk-Users] Connecting * to a Ericsson BP250

Christian Keiser ck at tneg.de
Sat Jul 2 17:43:47 MST 2005

Hi List,

This is somewhat off-topic since the problem itself isn’t asterisk but the
Ericsson BP250 I want to connect to.
But since there have been a couple of posts relating in part to that system
I am hoping someone can help me out.

What we want to do:

PRI <---> BP250 <---> Asterisk

Currently the BP250 handles extension 000 - 899.
We now would like to forward a chunk of 100 extensions to the asterisk
system. We would like to use asterisk to deploy voice-mail fax services and
voip/SIP connections to home-office users.
Also we would like to connect to different location using IAX.

The Problem:

The BP250 was installed and is serviced by an Ericsson vendor. Since we have
a service contract I called them and explained what I needed -> "a link to
my internal asterisk system forwarding those 100 extensions"
The tech guy then wanted to know what I wanted it for. SO I explained that
we wanted to deploy voice-mail and connect home users using SIP as well as
IAX peerings to other locations.

He said "It's not possible" But that he would talk to a colleague to find a
solution and that he would get back to me.
The following week I received and offer for 1. A voice-mail add-on für our
BP250 2. A Voip interface for the BP250 alternatively they would be happy to
discuss a new system based on VOIP entirely.

Since I couldn't believe that there was no solution to my Problem I asked
for the BP250 / RASC Documentation. According to our vendor such User
Manuals do not exist and that knowledge of the system is only available
through Ericsson training courses.

So I am somewhat stuck in my efforts. I googled for the past week but
couldn't find anything that would really help me.

I still don't believe that the BP250 is incapable of forwarding those 100
extensions to an internal PRI.

Does anyone know if it is possible?? And maybe even how ?

If I knew how I could exert some pressure on my vendor to implement it.
Otherwise I would have to take his word and my company would have to
purchase the addons for the BP250

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Best regards

Christian