[Asterisk-Users] AMP/A@H (asterisk at home) custom incoming routing

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Fri Jul 1 20:26:31 MST 2005

A few things to followup on my earlier post:

1.) Definitely put the [tdm-in] context in the file "/etc/asterisk/
extensions_custom.conf". That way your changes will not get overwritten.
2.) I am still unable to make call waiting on the incoming ZAP line
work, b/c I have not thought up a good way to make this happen.
hasn't anyone done this before?
3.) When setting up the ZAP trunk, I found it usefull to put "w" in
the dial prefix field to force the system to wait for the dial tone.
If I didn't do that, I could not call out on the ZAP Channel.

Tom

On Jun 29, 2005, at 12:46 AM, Tom Rymes wrote:

> Folks,
>
> First off, this is messy, and I hope someone will be kind enough to
> help me clean this up (the part added to
> extensions_additional.conf). You've been warned!
>
> For those of your using AMP or A at H, there has been a lot of talk
> about how to route incoming calls to different places based on
> which trunk is ringing. The standard answer is that you can only do
> this by using DIDs, which is all fine and good, unless you are
> using a plain old copper line that doesn't support DID. Anyhow, I
> have figured out how to make a call that comes in on a specific ZAP
> channel ring at a specific extension (not that it was brain
> surgery). I'm not certain if it would be better to use the file
> extensions_custom.conf instead of extensions_additional.conf, does
> anyone know?

[snip]