[Asterisk-Users] Re: passing through MWI info from SBC

Mike Myers mikesm559 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 12:03:09 MST 2005

Chris A. Icide wrote:

>Here is what I would do.  Install a TDM04 card with a
>couple fxos.
>Connect the analog phones that your wife will be
using >to the tdm card.
>In zapata.conf, set those phones to immediate=yes,
and >when you get an
>event on the fxo port, connect it to the fxs port
with >the stutter
>tone.  This way, when she picks up the phone, it will
>immediately
>connect her to the sbc provided dial tone, and she
can >hear the stutter
>or lack thereof.  When a call comes inbout however,
>you can still route
>it as you want.

>Not a perfect solution, since the phones she will be
>using are forced to
>use SBC, but the best solution I can think of.

>-Chris

Thanks, but my wife never pays attention to the
stutter tone, just the MWI.  I know I can light the
Polycom's MWI under Asterisk's control, but if
Asterisk can't hear the FSK tone then it's not
useful...

Also, she will definitely want to use the new phones,
since she makes heavy use of intercom functions in our
current venture phones.  I was raised on a farm and
learned it was Ok to raise voice gain to the level
that the signal would be receieved.  But my wife was
raised in the suburbs with a tight vocal AGC was in
effect, and when the AGC threshold was exceeded in our
house, the channel would go silent for long periods of
time after a momementary burst of noise that
overloaded my frontend. :-) The intercom solved the
problem for our marriage.

Thanks,
Mike