[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and DHCP

laine.marko at porilainen.com laine.marko at porilainen.com
Fri Jul 1 00:15:20 MST 2005

Hi all!

I am working with asterisk and trying to get it work in DHCP network, where
asterisk gets a DHCP address as well as other computers (IP-phones). So far,
I've have got asterisk working with static IP address where phones are getting
their IP from DHCP server.
Is it possible at all to phones to find asterisk server if it gets random IP
address from the DHCP server also? I mean, is there some settings in asterisk
how I can bypass IP settings and force it to work with dynamic IP address?

Thanks for any help and guidance!