[Asterisk-Users] PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8)

Stuart Hirst stuart.hirst at holdentel.com
Mon Jan 31 18:31:42 MST 2005

Dear All,

We have a simple customer with and E100P on * 1.0.5 and Zaptel 1.0.4 who are
seeing the following error message periodically:

PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary D-channel of span 1

This is a really simple setup, ie. a dual Zeon server with 23 Polycom
handsets, an E100P card with only 12 active channels. This is quite an
active switch in so far as they may peek at about 10 simultaneous calls but
they have lots of small duration calls ( < 2 mins ).

I have recently upgraded them to the latest "stable" release because of
other issues and now they have problems with outbound calls in that it can
take 3 attempts or more when dialling a correct number for the call to be
connected. It seems intermittent but also seems to coincide with the above
error. There may well be more that falls out over the next few days and I
will update this post accordingly. I am suspecting that external callers
will also not get connected periodically when in fact they should have
connected fine.

Does anyone else have any experience of this ?

Regards,

Stuart
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.