[Asterisk-Users] Trunked IAX or not

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Mon Jan 31 07:56:01 MST 2005

> Isn't it just a linear savings?
>
> 1 call: UDP overhead + voice data
> 2 calls: UDP overhead + voice data + voice data
> 3 calls: UDP overhead + 3xvoice data
> etc...
>
> without trunking the UDP overhead is repeated for each voice call

I know nothing about the IAX protocol but I wont let that stop me from
offering opinion! :-D

Could it be because RTP requires another connection for control (RTPC).
I think is one port higher than the data port!?!?!?!
IAX has a saving for this to maybe?

If that's wrong then I stand corrected but that's my laymans
understanding.

alex

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.