[Asterisk-Users] Audio Quality over LAN very bad

Nic le Roux nicl at i-procc.za.net
Mon Jan 31 08:01:09 MST 2005

Hi All,

I'm running Asterisk on the following

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
model name      : Celeron (Coppermine)
cpu MHz         : 668.202
cache size      : 128 KB

with 192 MB Ram

Audio coming from Asterisk (the demo ) is excellent when using a SIP phone
on the LAN to Asterisk,
and when dialling in from outside via ISDN to Asterisk.

However, when connecting from SIP phone to SIP phone (across LAN) and
dialling from externally to SIP which is on the local LAN
it is very choppy and one can barely make out the other party.
I'm using an Eicon Diva 2-m card and 100mb network all round.

What could be the cause as I believe bandwidth is ruled out.

Thanks and regards
Nic