[Asterisk-Users] asterisk tries to dial out on lines already in use.

Jon Gabrielson jon at directfreight.com
Sun Jan 30 17:14:38 MST 2005

Asterisk should be able to do this, there are several cases
when this is essential.  The first is a shared/party line where
asterisk cannot have guaranteed access for whatever reason.
In our case, that reason happens to be because we also use
our outgoing lines for faxing.
The second is that without dialtone detection, if for some
reason the line is down, asterisk needs to know so that it can
try a different outgoing line.  If the first line is down, asterisk
shouldn't hang, it should wait a few seconds and try to dial
out on the next line.

Jon.