[Asterisk-Users] where to buy x100p

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jan 30 07:51:17 MST 2005

> > You'll be better off buying the TDM400 from Digium.
> >
> > I just ditched all my X100P clones because of huge problems with echoes.
> >
> > Even worse, the interrupt problems with the clone cards caused my box to
> > crash under heavy I/O.
> >
> > Want to buy the X100P clones I have? :)
>
> About the best thing that you can do to reduce Echo on the X101P and X100P
> cards is to;
>
> 1. Set the following in zapata.conf;
>
> echocancel=128
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> echotraining=800
>
> 2. Enable aggressive echo cancellation in zaptel's zconfig.h file;
>
> /*
>  * Uncomment for aggressive residual echo supression under
>  * MARK2 echo canceller
>  */
> #define AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR
>
> I've had much better luck at killing Echo issues with the above
> suggestions, on both my P133 X101P box as well as my TE405P based PRI
> Gateways. It doesn't solve all the issues, but it does help quite
> noticeably.

The above assumes the x100p is connected to a pstn network that is
reasonably close to the 600 ohm US standard the card was designed to
interface with. Using the card in several other countries where the
pstn standards are different will likely result in echo that can not
be addressed with the above statements.