[Asterisk-Users] Server auto Fallback

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Jan 29 09:28:48 MST 2005

On 16:11, Sat 29 Jan 05, joosfamily at speakeasy.net wrote:
> I am looking at setting up redundant servers for my client and I know the first step in creating an auto fall back would be to have the FQDN set up in such a way that it points to both of the server IP addresses, but, how can I make it so that the phones will (with minimal delay) authenticate with tha backup server in the event of a primary server failure?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Dan,

The senario you are discribing is very much like auto
failover nat firewalls.
That's why the first thing that comes to mind is OpenBSD's
CARP: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#CARP
I have * running on OpenBSD 3.6 without any problem.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."