[Asterisk-Users] Direct MP3 channel Black Hole?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jan 28 23:31:06 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 22:06 -0800, Puddle wrote:
> I'm curious is it possible to direct a call to an
> extension that takes you straight to music on hold,
> but NOT the standard music on hold.
>
> The boss suggested something he wondered if it was
> possible.
>
> Example: Someone calls (Telemarketer), we answer tell
> them to hold while we 'redirect' them to extension
> (Someone Important) 666 which is a separate music on
> hold pool of mp3's from each of the employee's stating
> why we hate telemarketers.
>
> We think it's a good 'company' relief any help or
> suggestions greatly appreciated.

If you are attempting to black hole a telemarketer, you don't need to
worry about being able to retrieve the call. There should be no problem
either sending the call to a context that randomly or in order picks
audio files from a directory to play. No biggy. You can play either
standard recorded files or even mp3s without any worry of the music on
hold.