[Asterisk-Users] dialplan question

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Fri Jan 28 20:01:53 MST 2005

Matthew Simpson wrote:

> What is the best way to handle this?  Inserting +101 extensions with the
> Hangup command ?  Will that still properly signal 486 busy here back?
> Should I be using Congestion instead of Hang up ?

What's the best way to handle it? Use my patch (unpublished) that stops
Dial() from going to +101, and check the DIALSTATUS variable after each
Dial() call to see what you want to do.

Barring that, yes, you need to have a +101 for _each_ Dial() call, so
that you can handle the result from it. All of them can just Goto() a
common handler, though.